Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Years Eve!

One thing I do every year on New Years Eve is walk outside at midnight. No matter what I am doing, I walk out of my house, close my eyes, take a deep breath, let it out, and turn and walk back in. I got the idea from someone years ago, but can't remember who. The idea behind it is that you are walking out on the previous year, letting go of everything bad you may be holding on to, and turning to face the New Year with a clean slate and a clean heart and mind.

This year my girls and I did something new, we took a bubble bath tonight. We washed away all the bad things we said and did this year. All the time outs, all the times I yelled, all the times we got hurt and all the times we weren't kind to each other. We let it all go and forgave so we can start the year with a clean slate :)



We also got a message from our Elf on the Shelf who is missing us but happy to be home with Santa!



"A brand new year! A clean slate on which to write our hopes and dreams. This year: Less time and energy on things; More time and energy on PEOPLE. All of life’s best rewards, deepest and finest feelings, greatest satisfactions, come from PEOPLE--
people like you... HAPPY NEW YEAR!" -Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment